|Position Location:||600 Read Road, St. Catharines Ontario L2R 7K6|
|Position Reports to:||Financial Controller & CEO|
|Hours of Work:||Up to 40 hours/week (Monday-Friday, 8AM-4PM). Evening hours to accommodate business demands and position requirements may be required.|
We are looking for a reliable, organized and motivated individual with a positive attitude to join our dynamic team and take on the role of Finance and Administrative Coordinator at Iron Will Raw Pet Food (Iron Will Raw).
ABOUT IRON WILL RAW PET FOOD
Iron Will Raw is a manufacturer of quality raw pet foods. We take all common beliefs about “pet food” and turn them on their heads. As an industry leader in food safety in the pet food realm you’ll find yourself in a pristine, organized and technology advanced work environment. We are meticulous in all we do and are looking for team members who can contribute to our core values by adding Value, Passion and Excellence. As a company we are continuously looking for ways to improve our contribution to the raw pet food world and embrace team members who positively impact this mission.
Reporting to the Financial Controller and/or CEO, the Finance and Administrative Coordinator provides accounting and administrative support to help facilitate the growth, efficiency and effectiveness of day-to-day operations at Iron Will Raw. As a contributing, collaborative and solutions-oriented team member, the Finance and Administrative Coordinator is responsible for all daily financial transactions, overseeing payroll administration, and ensuring accuracy of financial and administrative records. The job incumbent must positively represent the Iron Will Raw brand and team by providing exceptional customer service and reliably coordinating with both internal and external stakeholders.
Financial Administration (bookkeeping / accounting)
- Calculate and process invoices, payments, credit card transactions, deposits, credits, account statements, etc.
- Enter, track and verify accounting transactions including Accounts Payable (A/P) and Receivable (A/R)
- Log and complete deposits, efficiently managing and reporting cash flow
- Manage bank accounts and prepare month end account reconciliation
- Ensure accurate preparation, reconciliation and filing of financial remittances (i.e., HST)
- Compile data and provide weekly/monthly accounting reports and other financial summaries to upper management, as requested; collaborate with Accountant for quarterly and year end reporting
- Monitor department budgets, review financial movement, flag variances and pull reports, as needed
- Communicate with customers and suppliers to secure payment and aid in resolving discrepancies
- Liaise with internal and external contacts to extract necessary accounting information, following administrative procedures
- Complete all data entry and record keeping tasks pertaining to A/P and A/R accounts, cost analysis, credit card activity, budgets and forecasts
- Maintain orderly financial filing systems and uphold internal processes and controls
- Other similar and related duties as required
- Conduct weekly payroll activities including preparing and processing employee payments via direct deposit
- Monitor employee hours and process employee timesheets using payroll software (“QuickBooks T-sheets”)
- Ensure accurate preparation, reconciliation and filing of payroll remittances and forms (i.e., source deductions, ROEs, T4s, etc.)
- Administer compensation and benefits plans, enrolling new employees and preparing necessary remittances
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting administrative functions.
Customer Service & Collaboration
- Manage correspondence with suppliers and customers in a prompt and professional manner, always ensuring the provision of exceptional service
- Efficiently resolve discrepancies and/or stakeholder complaints by being proactive and solution-oriented
- Collaborate with the accountant, and departments heads, to monitor budgets and ensure accurate financial reporting
- Assist and support co-workers and external contacts as needed to promote positive working relationships
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience working in a bookkeeping, finance and/or accounting role, required.
- Three (3) years of customer service experience, preferred.
- Experience working within a finance role for a manufacturing company, an asset.
- Certificate, diploma or degree in business administration, bookkeeping, accounting, and/or a related field, an asset.
KEY CANDIDATE COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of various accounting and payroll programs and software (i.e. Fishbowl, QuickBooks, T-sheets, etc.)
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Skilled communicator with demonstrated interpersonal skills, a professional demeanor, and proven commitment to exceptional customer service.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Reliable, punctual and business-oriented
- Skilled at comparing, interpreting, and organizing a variety of data and information, systematically
- Ability to work efficiently in a team setting and liaison with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize responsibilities and work activities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment while paying great attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn, adapt and take initiative in light of new information and/or organizational changes.
- Ability to put systems in place and provide input on how to improve processes.
- Office setting, primarily
- Availability to work flexible hours
OUR IRON WILL RAW EMPLOYEE PROMISE
- A casual, friendly, and supportive team culture.
- Health and benefits plan.
- Food and store discounts.
- Bonus opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
Iron Will Raw is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all interested applicants to submit their detailed cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by October 19, 2022. Please be sure to include “Finance & Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Iron Will Raw will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.