Position Title: Human Resources Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: 600 Read Road, St. Catharines ON, L2R 7K6
Position Reports to: President
Iron Will Raw Inc. is a manufacturer of quality raw pet foods. As an industry leader in food safety in the pet food realm you’ll find yourself in a pristine, organized and technologically advanced work environment. We are meticulous in all we do and are looking for team members who can contribute to our core values by adding value, passion and excellence. As a company we are continuously looking for ways to improve our contribution to the raw pet food world and embrace team members who positively impact this mission.
The Human Resources Manager position is responsible for managing all Company Human Resources and Health & Safety functions and related issues. This position will support all company departments, and all locations, both on-site and remote.
Responsibilities and Duties
The responsibilities of the Human Resources Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Complete full-cycle recruiting, including developing job descriptions, facilitating the interview processes and completing all onboarding and orientation items.
- Develop, implement, update, and maintain Company and Health & Safety policies and procedures, including training of all employees on such policies, and ensuring compliance with applicable legislation.
- Complete and manage employee performance management, including preparing and delivering performance evaluations, disciplines and terminations.
- Investigate, manage, and resolve employee relations and labour relations issues.
- Manage employee attendance, and the attendance management program
- Administration and management of employee vacation, leave, benefits and compensation.
- Facilitate and manage employee succession plans, and departmental and positional restructuring.
- Human Resources administration duties such as, Company communications, organizational charts, HR reports, office layouts, record keeping and document control.
- Manage all employee files.
- Lead and manage the company health & safety system and initiatives.
- Facilitate the joint health & safety committee and all its functions.
- Lead workplace incident investigations, and determine and implement the appropriate controls.
- Ensure work processes and employee actions are compliant with government health & safety regulations.
- Manage the Health & Safety Excellence Program and submit required documentation to the WSIB.
- Ensure employees receive adequate training for all work processes and health & safety responsibilities.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program in a Human Resources related field.
- CHRP designation preferred.
- A well-rounded HR professional with at least five (5) years’ Human Resources experience.
- Ability to build and sustain strong working relationships, both internal and external to the organization.
- Proven and exemplary organizational, leadership and communication skills and a professional and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Understanding of legislation and regulations relevant to employment and Health & Safety.
- HRIS and payroll Software experience; specific experience with QuickBooks an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Industry experience (production, food processing) would be considered an asset.
Physical & Working conditions
- The work environment will be based in the office.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume directly to: email@example.com
We promote equal employment opportunities for all job applicants. At Iron Will Raw Inc., we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environment. We are happy to discuss any need for accommodation and will make every effort to meet those needs in a timely manner. Please advise the HR Manager if you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection processes and/or within the work environment. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.