The Hope Centre is seeking a compassionate and energetic Business Operations Manager who is an adept problem solver with a sound understanding and appreciation for the challenges faced by those most vulnerable in our community. Reporting to the CEO, this position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the organization’s programs and physical facilities. The Business Operations Manager plays a key role in ensuring programs are sustainable, meet client needs and are consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization. As a strong leader, the Business Operations Manager effectively leads the centre’s staff in successfully delivering programs and services in a manner that promotes the dignity, respect, and safety of our clients.
Established in 1974, The Hope Centre has continued to provide a continuum of programs and services to Welland’s most vulnerable community members struggling with poverty. With the commitment of staff, volunteers, and donors we assist and strengthen our community by attending to the basic needs of its most vulnerable citizens. Our programs and services also aim to empower our community members by providing a safe space to learn new skills, build resiliency and enhance employability.
- Oversee the delivery of essential programs including food security, housing (both transitional housing and emergency bed), prevention and resource services aimed at improving the health and well-being of our clientele while providing opportunities for successful independence.
- Identify opportunities for new programs and services based on needs of clients and community.
- Responsible for the selection, training, development, and evaluation of staff.
- Organize, schedule, and oversee the work of food security, housing, and client resource services program staff, ensuring that client service delivery is carried out in a manner that supports the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Develop, update, and implement policies and procedures for all programs.
- Work closely with CEO to provide input into strategic planning.
- Hire and coordinate contracted and subcontracted cleaning and grounds maintenance services.
- Order office and program supplies including managing food stock for food security program.
- Organize and coordinate logistics to retrieve donations for food security program.
- Resolve building issues for tenants in transitional housing.
- Arrange service and maintenance of company vehicles.
- Three (3) to five (5) years’ management experience preferably in a community-based agency.
- A diploma or bachelor’s degree in Social Work or related field, an asset.
- Some experience managing staff in a unionized environment, an asset.
- Strong commitment to client-centred culture combined with a passion for serving the vulnerable citizens in the community.
- Possess an understanding of the complexities surrounding homelessness and food security.
- Excellent understanding of services and supports available to clients in our community.
- Adept at managing multiple, conflicting priorities and projects while at the same time maintaining the integrity of each of the organization’s programs and services and upholding the organization’s core values.
- Excellent foundation of personal ethics and integrity with a commitment to confidentiality.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office Suite, intermediate skill with Word and Excel.
- Ability to learn and understand databases.
- Advanced interpersonal skills, capable of resolving issues in a professional, prompt manner while upholding the values of respect, equity, and safety.
- The Business Operations Manager primarily works in an office environment however spends a small portion of the workweek travelling to and from The Hope Centre’s housing facilities, particularly the emergency bed facility.
- Expected to provide on call, emergency support, on a bi-weekly basis to support emergency bed staff and respond to client housing emergencies.
- Frequent communication and interaction with clientele.
The Hope Centre is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all interested applicants to submit their detailed cover letter and résumé to email@example.com by July 8, 2021. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Hope Centre will provide reasonable accommodation in compliance with AODA when notified by a candidate that accommodation due to a disability is required for the interview process.