|Position Location:||Niagara Falls, Ontario|
|Position Reports to:||Owner & Operator|
|Job Type:||Full-Time (up to 44 hours/week)|
|Wage:||$25 per hour, to start|
WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
Are you a detail-oriented person who is knowledgeable and passionate about the food industry?! Do you want to be a part of a family-like team dedicated to providing quality meat products to a variety of customers? Well then, we think you need to join our team!
THE POSITION: BUTCHER
Reporting to the Owner and Operator, Butcher/Meat Cutters are tasked with using their skills and knowledge of meat products to perform all tasks associated with preparing cuts of meat for retail sale to our customers. This includes using a variety of tools and equipment to cut, process and portion various cuts of meat, in addition to weighing, packaging, storing and pricing meats.
PERKS OF THE POSITION:
- A very competitive wage with the opportunity for increases.
- Both autonomy and support – we’re leaving the meat to YOU! You’re responsible for ensuring that our customers receive the high-quality meats we’re known for, but we’re also here to support you as you grow with our team.
- Interesting and challenging work.
- A caring and attentive family-like team environment.
- Willing to train you!
You will use your Expertise to:
- Cut, grind, process and prepare various kinds of meat for consumer consumption (i.e. beef, pork, chicken) using a variety of tools and equipment such as knives, saws, grinders, sausage stuffers, etc.
- Weigh, portion, package, label and price meat products.
- Ensure tools, equipment and work areas are kept sanitized, cleaned and maintained.
- Perform quality inspections on meats and other food products.
- Ensure proper storage and refrigeration of all meat items.
- Ensure that all product and service displays are well-stocked and priced accurately.
- Provide exceptional customer service by answering questions and offering advice.
- Adhere to all health and safety standards and regulations.
We’d REALLY like to meet you if you have…
a. The Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience in food preparation or meat cutting is required.
- Food Handler Certification required.
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate preferred.
- Must have physical strength, hand-eye coordination and endurance.
b. The Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge of meat products, cuts and preparation techniques.
- Ability to use a variety of tools and equipment safely, such as saws, knives and grinders.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to be organized and manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure, while always maintaining great attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to be flexible, open and adapt quickly; embracing a positive attitude.
- Willingness to learn and assume other duties and responsibilities.
If you think your experience and career aspirations are aligned with this opportunity – please send your resume to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.