Position Location: Fenwick, Ontario
Position Reports to: President
Job Type: Full-Time
Wages: $23-$25/hour; starting wage dependent on experience
Hours of Work: Up to 44 hours/week, Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekend hours to accommodate business demands and position requirements may be required.
WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
Are you a self-motivated, organized and positive person who loves to transform spaces? Do you want to be a part of a growing team dedicated to providing quality workmanship to all kinds of clients? Well then, we think you need to join our team!
THE POSITION: COMMERICAL/RESIDENTIAL RENOVATOR
Reporting to the Company President, you will be responsible for using your skills and knowledge of construction and carpentry to provide quality work and craftsmanship in both residential and commercial renovation projects, while always ensuring exceptional customer service to all our clients. Organization, accuracy and adaptability are essential to the success of this position.
PERKS OF THE POSITION
- Competitive wage.
- Both autonomy and support – you’re responsible for seeing a project through from start to finish; the success of each project depends on your hard work and dedication, but we’re also here to support you as you grow professionally with our team.
- A company vehicle that you are able to take home.
- Company cellphone.
- Interesting and challenging work.
- A caring and attentive team environment.
You will use your Expertise to:
Ensure the quality completion, from start to finish, of both commercial and residential construction and renovation projects as ordered by Project Managers.
- Provide exceptional workmanship in all carpentry-related job tasks including framing, drywall, trim, doors and windows, entry level kitchen installations and other various tasks as required.
- Perform all demolition and general cleanup duties for job sites.
- Use the proper tools and equipment required to complete project tasks safely and effectively.
- Work independently or as a team with minimal supervision to accomplish tasks in a timely manner.
- Adhere to all company specific standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Follow all Work Safe Practices while on premises and on
Ensure Unparalleled Customer Service
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain a positive, can-do attitude at all times.
- Consistently and effectively communicate with clients and Project Manager(s) to ensure ongoing client satisfaction.
- Ensure quality workmanship consistent with industry standards and stakeholder expectations
- Address all customer concerns in an appropriate manner to ensure the safety, respect and dignity of all parties involved.
We’d REALLY like to meet you if you have…
a. The Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of construction/renovation experience in commercial and/or residential projects.
- Valid Class G driver’s license, in good standing. Some travel may be required.
- Carpentry Certification, an asset.
- Must have own tools.
- Must have physical strength to perform necessary duties, hand-eye coordination and endurance.
b. The Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills with a proficiency in English.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to multi-task and act under pressure, while maintaining great attention to detail.
- General knowledge and understanding of the various construction trades, tools and terminologies.
- Strong customer service-oriented skills (i.e. attentive, communicative, empathetic, results-focused).
- Ability to be flexible, open and adapt quickly in a fast-paced work environment; embracing a “can do anything” approach.
- Ability to work well alone, as well as in a team environment.
- Willingness to learn and assume other duties and responsibilities.
If you think your experience and career aspirations are aligned with this opportunity – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.