|Position Reports to:||Project Manager|
|Hours of Work:||Up to 44 hours/week, Monday through Friday. Overtime hours to accommodate business demands and position requirements may be required.|
WE HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR YOU!
At our company we’re a family-like, dedicated team of people who are passionate about construction and providing our clients with quality workmanship. As we continue to grow as a company and dramatically transform spaces, our team is also growing!
We are currently in need of an organized, self-motivated and results-oriented individual with a managerial or supervisory background in construction, who is able to help lead our company to continued success. If this sounds like you, we think you need to join our team!
THE POSITION: CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
Reporting to the Project Manager, Construction Managers are responsible for scheduling, overseeing and budgeting for all subtrades on any given residential and/or commercial construction project. This position is tasked with using the skills and knowledge of construction to effectively manage job site safety, efficiency, quality and professionalism to ensure exceptional customer service to all our clients. Time-management, organization and strong managerial skills are essential to the success of this position.
PERKS OF THE POSITION
- A competitive salary.
- Both autonomy and support – you’re responsible for scheduling, budgeting, managing and overseeing a project through from start to finish; the success of each project depends on your hard work and abilities, but we’re also here to support you as you grow professionally with our team.
- A company vehicle that you are able to take home.
- A company cellphone.
- Interesting and challenging work in a caring and attentive team environment.
You will use your Expertise to:
Competently manage and ensure the quality completion, from start to finish, of both commercial and residential construction renovation projects.
- Visit job sites and conduct walk-throughs to scope out and plan for the resources, labour and budget required for project completion.
- Consistently and effectively coordinate and communicate with the Project Coordinator(s) about all required project materials, supplies, labour, scheduling timeframes and scope changes.
- Organize, schedule and oversee all subtrades involved with construction projects.
- Ensure that all project sites are clean, safe and in compliance with Ministry of Labour standards and with Occupational Health & Safety standards.
- Clearly and effectively communicate with all subtrades and project team members, keeping them informed of any scope changes and efficiently working through any required revisions.
- Meet all trades onsite to conduct walk-throughs once projects are completed to ensure quality standards have been met.
Ensure Unparalleled Customer Service
- Ensure that subtrades are providing quality work and craftsmanship for our clients at all times.
- Address all customer concerns and/or complaints in an appropriate manner to ensure the safety, respect and dignity of all parties involved.
- Consistently communicate with and update customers/clients and Project Coordinator(s) about the progress of construction projects in order to ensure accurate budgeting, timeliness and ongoing customer satisfaction.
- Assist where necessary to collect payment from customers/clients, as per specific contract terms.
- Provide exceptional customer service and maintain a positive, can-do attitude at all times.
We’d REALLY like to meet you if you have…
a. The Qualifications:
- At least 5 years of experience managing or supervising construction projects in commercial and/or residential settings.
- Customer service experience.
- Valid Class driver’s license, in good standing. Some travel may be required.
- Carpentry Certification, an asset.
b. The Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills with a proficiency in English.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently.
- An understanding of the various components of construction, and how to schedule, budget and manage these components accordingly and optimally for each project.
- Ability to manage, supervise and oversee a group of workers.
- Great knowledge and understanding of various construction trades and terminologies.
- Strong customer service-oriented skills (i.e. attentive, communicative, empathetic, results-focused)
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills and the ability to competently manage several moving parts at once.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt quickly to ensure ongoing client satisfaction.
- Willingness to be open-minded and assume other duties and responsibilities.
If you think your experience and career aspirations are aligned with this opportunity – please send your resume to email@example.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request.